The Guardian Product Line
As makers of premium pine shavings and pellets, Guardian Horse Bedding starts with the highest quality pine material that is closely monitored for quality and consistency. From dust extraction and aspiration of the wood shavings, high heat treatment to eliminate allergens, to specific sizing for easy picking and reduced disposal volume, our horse bedding manufacturing process is exclusive to Guardian Horse Bedding.
Your choice of horse bedding directly impacts the health of your horse and their environment. We take our horse bedding seriously and we're glad you do too!
Read interactions with customers
This is Starting the stall with Guardian Horse Bedding Pine Pellets
Day 2 with Guardian Horse Bedding
pellets in the stall
TEST THE POWER OF THE PELLET!
click to view our pellet power advertisement.
Our pellets are manufactured to higher standards than other
pellets on the market. We use only kiln dried pine
shavings. We extract the dust prior to pelleting so the
softened fiber is lower in dust while maintaining high
Packaged in our space saving bag that contains .95 cu. ft. of pelletized pine fiber (40 lbs).
Ideal for litter box, cage or habitats our Premium Pine Pellet
Provides a clean, healthy environment by controlling ammonia levels and moisture.
For information about our Pine Cobble™ litter, visit:
Guardian Litter and Guardian Angel Litter, which is even more effective for Earth’s small creatures!
Click to view our Premium Flake advertisement
Multi screened for dust control. The perfect blend of mini and medium flake pine shavings for maximum absorbency and large volumes.
This is an absolutely beautiful product.
- 8.0+ cubic feet prior to compression
- 2.5 cubic feet ultra-compressed package that is easy to handle and store. Get more facts about packaging and volume.
- 7.5 or more cubic feet after compression. (product is labeled at 6.75 after expansion, but the actual volume is much higher)
Click here to see how easy our Gold Standard small flake sifts.
Click here to compare our Swift Pick mini flake – also easy to pick.
Click to view our Gold Standard small flake advertisement
A small pine flake that offers incredible absorbency and siftability but with the aesthetic of a true shaving. More siftable than Premium Flake, more volume than Swift Pick™ mini flake, our Gold Standard™ small flake shaving is the best of both worlds. When a clean, high volume wood shaving is just as important as functionality - consider Guardian Gold! Multi screened to control dust leaving only the clean, beautiful, functional small pine flakes. This is a highly compressed bag that expands to an incredible volume! Another High Quality Guardian wood shaving at an affordable price.
Click here to see how easy our Swift Pick mini flake sifts.
Click here to compare our Gold Standard small flake – also easy to pick.
Click to view our Swift Pick advertisement
Premium mini flake pine wood shavings. Precision textured for easy picking, kiln dried for extra absorbency!
This product really packs a punch. Swift Pick mini flake pine shavings are precision screened to remove dust and large flakes. The mini flake is easy to pick and will reduce your consumption and disposal much like the pellet, but it is Ready to Bed! Packaged in our ultra compressed tote bale with gusset grabs. Get more facts about packaging and volume.
Our bags are easy to handle, easy to store.
Why Guardian Horse Bedding?
With new brands of bedding on the market today, why choose Guardian?
- Guardian Horse Bedding has emerged as the bedding of choice throughout North America.
- The manufacturing process is exclusive to Guardian Horse Bedding™
- This process controls particle size and particle durability under hoof. This means a consistent, lower dust product than others on the market today. Many products will perform reasonably well for the first week or two. The quality of the bedding will show after this period.
- The Guardian bedding will last longer under hoof with greater absorbency and lower dust levels.
- The Equine respiratory system is very sensitive to airborne particles in certain size ranges. Our bedding is manufactured with the equine respiratory system in mind.
- We use our products everyday in our own equine facilities and we control the quality of the product.
- Other brands would suggest that you "mix the urine into the bedding" and only remove the manure. Common sense and Horse sense tells us that these folks must not be horse people! Remove your urine saturated bedding, remove the manure. The end result: a clean stall without odor.
- It is important to know the species of wood used in a bedding. Many hardwoods are toxic to horses and the slightest content of those hardwoods can potentially cause irreversible health problems in the Equine athlete. The content of tannic acids and other toxins from hardwoods are too high a risk to take with our horses.
Additionally, the density of hardwoods compared to most softwoods will reduce the absorption and coverage in the stall. This means you will use more hardwood bedding pound for pound over softwood.
When comparing price to other brands, remember, our bag is 40 pounds. Many other brands are 30, 33 and 35 pounds. Pound for pound, we consistently provide the best pricing for the best bedding product.
What more could you ask?
Guardian Horse Bedding
Horse, human and environmentally friendly.
These links open in a new window. Close the new window to return here.
*For additional compost information visit:o2compost.com
Don't forget to check out the Stall Shifter, automated stall cleaning from Brockwood Farm